The single most important rule of Ms. Ngo's classroom is
DON'T BE A JERK.
Examples of jerkiness include (but are not limited to):
- Making racist, sexist, homophobic (or in any other way discriminatory and prejudiced) comments.
- Making comments as described above and then trying to ARGUE with me that it's acceptable language (true story, by the way)
- Bullying another student
- Being disrespectful when there's a sub
- Talking when other people are talking
- Talking when other people are trying to concentrate (ie, during a quiz)
- Talking during a movie (this applies even when you're out seeing a movie in a theater)
- Coming in late when we've already started class and making a LOUD entrance
- Stealing my pens, pencils, markers, or any other classroom supplies (that I paid for with my own money!)
- Cheating in any way, shape, or form, on anything. Especially if it causes the other person, who had no idea you were cheating off them, to get in trouble too.
- Taking home vocabulary books (that are checked out to MY name, by the way!) and never bringing them back, or allowing them to be torn to pieces in your backpack
- Stealing my Twilight books from my SSR shelf!!!!!!!
- Leaving paper, trash, etc. all over my room
- Lying to me about why you need a pass to leave the classroom
- Whining. Period. You're not always going to get what you want. That's life. Deal with it.