aka, My First "Job" as a Makeup Artist
My baby brother (who's actually not a baby, at the age of 24) got married this weekend, and I had the lovely honor of being asked to do my sister-in-law's makeup for the wedding.
Jen is the sort of person who pretty much never wears makeup ever. She doesn't feel the need to wear it, and she's perfectly gorgeous without it, in my opinion. But of course, it's nice to be a little extra special for an extra special occasion like your wedding day, and Jen asked me to do a purple eye look for her - something light and natural-looking, nothing dramatic that would render her unrecognizable. Herself-but-more-purple :)
I was a little nervous but super excited and super flattered - I haven't done other people's makeup in a long time. My brother decided to take pictures of us while I was working.
- UDPP Original
- UD Virgin on the inner half of the lid
- NARS Jolie Poupee matte shade (left side of the duo) on the outer half of the lid and in the crease
- UD Vanilla on the browbone (from the 15th Anni Palette)
- UD eye pencil in Zero smudged into the lash line and lightly blended/topped with UD Virgin. (The point was to create a very soft line, rather than a harsh one.)
- NARS blush in Orgasm, lightly on the cheeks
- UD Razor HD powder, dabbed on with the pouf and blended with a powder brush
- Jen had her own lipstick that she applied later.
The finished result - a light, natural look with hints of color.
Jen made a lovely bride! I'm so happy that she is now my sister, because she is one cool girl :)
As for my own makeup, I didn't get a chance to photograph myself, so the only record of my looks will have to come from the wedding photographer himself. I can tell you what I wore:
- UDPP Original
- UD Woodstock on the inner half of the lid
- UD S&M on the outer half of the lid
- UD Ace (from the 15th Anni palette) in the crease
- Stila Sparkle Waterproof Liquid Liner in Starry along my upper lash line
- One coat each of: MAC Prep+Prime Lash; BeneFit They're Real mascara; NYX Dolleyes mascara in Waterproof Black (because weddings make me cry)
- UD Shadow Pencil in Mercury along my lower lash line
- (Hiding a terrible zit) BeneFit Stay Don't Stray primer over blemish area, followed by MAC Select Moisturecover concealer
- Same concealer on undereye area
- MAC Mineralize foundation
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder
- NARS blush in Orgasm
- Milani Baked Bronzer in Soleil
- MAC Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder
- UD All-Nighter setting spray
- MAC lip pencil in Brick
- MAC Viva Glam I lipstick